Monday, December 25, 2017

Not Needed

Not needed is an unusual title.  This, is written purely from my own perspective. Each Christmas we all have expectations of what will happen. These expectations come from history, history with our birth families, history with our  own children as they were growing up and the history we are currently making. Gone are the 0600 Christmas mornings with toddler frenzy, there is still paper flying but in a more sedate manner. New Christmas traditions

 I see clearly, that the thing to remember is that all life revolves around change. I raised my children to be independent and to make their own choices. Now, I see this is precisely what they have done. Then there is the reality that they do things as they have chosen to do not as I might be doing.
They manage their homes , have their own routines.  These are their routines, the ones that fit their lifestyle, not mine.  Over time our memories seem to improve the reality of actual experiences.  I can remember pulling taffy during a blizzard, but that sweet moment may not be remembered by anyone else or be replaced with visions of snowball fights. Each one of us has our own memories
So here I am, I do not need to cook,clean or offer advice this family doesn’t need that.  choke,choke
They don’t need me.
Ridiculous!!! of course they need my presence, love and time to help them build memories that will be their own
Time has changed us all , roles are different. This is what we are going for as parents, it is their turn and my way is not the same as their. They grew up to choose their way now its time for me to sit back, love and learn from how they have chosen.  I will still be making more memories and growing in new and different ways.

We are all needed, but how continues to evolve

No comments:

Post a Comment