Monday, February 14, 2011

Furry Friends and such

Friendship is indeed a treasure.  I view it as a gift from God. Friends offer love without an expectation of a payback.  It does not mean they do not expect to be treated in a certain way, like with respect, care and trust.  It does mean that you do things for them and they do things for you without an "I O U". 

The other type of friends we have are our four legged friends, and the same conditions exist.  My pets keep me warm at night, they also have been known to hog the bed.  Cork will run to the bed if I say nap.  As far as I know to him this means he will cuddle up with me, get his head and belly rubbed and will then sleep.  Pets sleep a lot and it is our job to provide them with a comfortable place to sleep that is safe.  The cat has a bed in the closet, where she is free from the doggies and has absolute domain, of course as the cat she pretty much does whatever she wishes anyway. She will walk across the sofa, my lap and whatever or whoever is in that space and leap on Stan's lap. She will grace him with her presence for varied amounts of time.  If the mood strikes her, she will head butt me to scratch her head and will hiss at the dogs from time to time just to let them know that they are not on her approved list.

I do know that when I am sad a furry creature can snap me out of it, the trusting look and wagging tail just ooze happiness and caring.  As I am writing this one dog is at my feet, snoring like a chain saw and the other is behind my chair sleeping as well.  The queen cat is perched on the sofa back and all is well with my world

The furry creatures bring happiness, love trust and a sense of calm to my soul.

I have been blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment