Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Winter Beautiful or Not

I awakened today to sheets of ice everywhere, of course I was not alone.  This whole part of Ohio is coated with ice,  It is beautiful, the shapes and shimmering icicles on the the trees are marvels of nature and fascinate me.  I walked gingerly with the dogs this afternoon and realized the beauty is dangerous.  The shimmering sheets of ice are of course slippery and two frisky dogs constitutes a hazard of its own.  The ice slowed them down to a manageable pace but continues to fascinate me. 

Watching them choose their steps and look suspiciously at the snow/ice or snice and back up when they sink or it cracks under their weight.  I learned that the heel first worked well to plant myself firmly on the earth in an upright position.  This how I wished to remain, I watched a few people doing the sprawl form my window earlier.  This does not look like fun.

The truth of the matter is that 30 years ago I would have been out with my camera and now I am concerned with things like broken legs and or hips.  Change and age have forced me to consider a safer route.

So for now I will be content to sit out this winter storm with only one photo that I liked and drink my tea and play with the dogs inside

The luxury of having the time to contemplate this is a gift and I know I am Blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment