Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I Still have a Dream

"A true champion is someone who wants to make a difference, who never gives up, and who gives everything she has no matter what the circumstances are. A true champion works hard and never loses sight of her dreams."~Dot Richardson

Something that I see every day are people that have lost the adventure of life. They are encumbered with the everyday tasks and living and do not have the desire, ability or awareness to seek more.

I learned at a very early age that there is something new to be learned each day and I have never lost sight of that. I am innately curious which is one reason I have started writing this because the aging process and how it is experienced is a fascinating topic for me. I hope to continue with this for some time.

I have recently started a new learning and living experience based on work experience. It has involved taking a very serious look at myself and how I communicate, this has been an eye opening experience. I have some work to do with how I do some things. This is a good thing, because when we fail to use opportunities to grow and change we are wasting our gifts from God.

Talents given to us need to be developed and learned and people who take them for granted seem to lose opportunities to raise their personal bars. My bar is sometimes too high for my own good, this is where feedback, prayer and listening to others helps develop our talents. No one is free from the obligation to work to be their best (this is of course my personal opinion) When you quit trying to improve , learn or change you are definitely on the downside of the winter of life, no matter what your chronological age.

How does any of that relate to Dreams? In order to reach for a dream you must risk moving out of your comfort zone and stretch and change a bit and definitely learn. I have always dreamed of flying, I have taken the controls of a plane for brief time, I still want to at least take a lesson in order to meet the goal of actually flying.

I have always wanted to ski the Alps, well with age and bad knees that will not happen, however a trip to Switzerland and a cable car are still not out of the realm of possibility. This represents a modification of a dream, not an abandonment.

Keeping faith and finding the modifications is how we continue to live, love and grow as people and Children of God. Incorporation of prayers, meditations and honest reflections are the routes to maintain dreams.

I continue to live, learn, love and grow and certainly feel my Blessings are increasing, or is it my awareness of what I have been given?

Pray often, love much and tell others they matter.

Walk with God
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment