Friday, January 28, 2011

New Adventure/Possibilities

I have always viewed life as an adventure.  I love stories and probably should write some of them down, we used to make up stories when we traveled.  We would be driving through Chicago on our way to Detroit and we found the tall buildings, closely spaced homes fascinating.  We lived in farming country so this was definitely foreign to us.  Some of our stories were affected by what we saw on TV, but mostly it was our imaginations. 

My imagination is still active and this is a great and wonderful thing.  It keeps me optimistic and filled with possibilities.

I have some time off from work, a prelude to actual retirement.  I am still not quite ready to not work but I need a break.  I have had a job of some sort since 1962, no that is not a typo, 1962.  It am looking forward to some time with my Mother and nieces as well as my Mother-in-law and then we shall see .

Possibilities, there are so many will I teach?  what will I do.  I have skills I have not even developed and may not even know about,  This is why imagination is so important, it give us possibilities.

Now for today, I am sitting here, watching the Ohio permanently grey winter sky, snow covered ground and thinking.  I am showered and dressed, too many years of early rising and getting out of the house to still be in robe and slippers. (OK in my case sweats and slippers) but the idea is still the same.

Reading the paper and sipping on coffee was however a treat.  I hope I can always appreciate this type of moment, it is not a part of life for many and deserves to be appreciated.  I am off to read for awhile .

so the new adventure begins

No comments:

Post a Comment