Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas 2010

This Christmas is different is several ways from others.  The first is that I will turn the official old age of 65 soon and my view of life is certainly changing in respect to that fact.  It is exciting and different and a tremendous challenge.  I have lived my entire life with hopes and dreams and not I need to consider what I chose a little differently. 

I am not suggesting in any way that age requires giving up living, it does require more thought, because time is running out in regards to what I can do physically and soon what I will be able to afford.  I can't chose to climb Mount Everest but I would have never done that anyway, but skiing the Alps is out, but going on a tour is not. The list that some call a bucket list has existed in my world for many years and when something changes I take things off but always replace with something new or a different variation.  I cannot safely go skydiving but I could do a line thing., so we shall see.

The Christmas program last night was such a wonder, the little children so full of wonder and hope, our heritage and the next generations.  It is so rewarding to watch them and realize that even at my age I have wonder in my beliefs any hope for the future for all.  The children are free to really believe and just be.
There is such a radiance in their faces that we seem to lose as adults.  We need to believe in magic of good and reliability of the human race.  We are good people and I believe we all do want good things for each other.  This is based on my belief in God and the understanding that he did create all of us,  I do believe in the magic of the season, we chose to believe and have faith and the reward is hope.

I am spending the Christmas alone, this was a choice and I am glad that Stan is with his family.  I have had a wonderful weekend..  I have watched a bunch of sappy Christmas movies full of hope, love and peace, gone to church twice and just chilled.  The dogs and I are quite content and yes, I would have preferred to not be alone there is a peace here that I have not experience in a long time.  I have been able to pray, meditate, and just read whatever. 

Being alone is fun for me at times and I also understand that this does not work for everyone.  I am good with this and I was disappointed when I missed a few calls today because I was napping. That was good too.

2010 will end still in turmoil with the job but in peace of mind for me knowing that I have worked hard this year and truly tired to live my faith. 

God gives us the ability to chose and I have chosen to believe and be happy with the Blessings that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment