Tuesday, January 24, 2017

When are we ready for the Pasture? Medicare has them built

I was recently in the hospital for a very brief period.  I found there an exacerbated version what everyone one of us over 65 experiences every time we visit a  health care provider.
Medicare appeared in 1965 to provide health care for people over 65, and if you review the questions that are asked participants it is doubtful that they have been examined or revised in those 50+ years.

People in their 60's and 70's in that era lived a different type of life.

Fast forward to 2017.  When I go to see my Primary Care doctor or any other my goal is generally single focused.  I want to fix what is not working correctly and get on with my life. 
What I don't want is:
Unnecessary medications
being Hospitalized
Having treatments that will do nothing to help me
Someone asking me stupid questions, that assuming that  I am feeble
Talking to me as if I cant possibly understand , and  rolling your eyes when I ask for an explanation.

What I need:
Please see me
Apply your questions to what you see, not your script.
I may still have a full time career? Yes this happens.
I have a life, I bike, hike, play cards and have a social life
I want to return to my own world as soon as possible.  I may volunteer at the senior center helping "old "people. 
I may have a ski trip planned, I have a life. I want to live it
Help me get well and quit patronizing me

Be active, do something about outdated Medicare questions that make you sound a little less than intelligent.
I want wide open spaces and the world, not a pasture


No comments:

Post a Comment