Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Lioness Lives

When my children were small I learned that I would do almost anything to keep them safe and certainly wanted to protect them from anything that would hurt them.

Little did I know that when they grew up the feeling would remain and in fact grow stronger when it comes to the Grandchildren. 

My family is everything to me and if you hurt anyone of them we are essentially done.  I have effectively dismissed anyone from my life over the years that I felt hurt or would hurt my family.  Perhaps some of this has been misguided but none the less it remains a fact.  I wish I had always been able to apply that same principle to those who hurt me, but that is a completely different thing from the Lioness principle.

I have been thinking about this for some time and after a week with my Grandsons I realize that I would gladly do anything to keep them safe from mean people, and I will.  I love them so much my heart hurts because it swells with love,  I am so Blessed .   No one, but no one, had better hurt them ever.

This may not make much sense to anyone but I felt like saying it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment