Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Lessons for today, from TV

Life is just full of surprises.

  I am an avid NCIS follower and if I could live a new younger career I would want to be a combination of several of the characters.  I see myself in some of their persona's.
Gibbs in his pragmatic and straight forward manner is aloof, seemingly uninvolved emotionally and take charge would be a great OR Director.  He would just say, " Follow the policy, just do the work, no nonsense and be professional."
 Ziva a somewhat scarred individual, with a flawed relationship with her father.  All woman, all professional capable of love, caring and able to kill if her job requires it. Her physical stamina and abilities are just awesome.  I am envious of that.
Abbey, crazy unconventional and brilliant with the heart of gold. Also all woman in a different way from Ziva, appealing and provocative yet restrained in relationships.
I could add characteristics from the other characters but the result would be that same, qualities I have or would like to have and would like to secretly evolve or live,
I have an adventurous side, I can be aloof, I do hold back and certainly in my hospital work I really do wish at times I could just be totally black and white and say JUST DO IT. It is the right thing to do

I am like many other people in this world, if I could live life over in my fantasy world I might be a different sort of person in a different work role.
The appeal of leading a more dangerous life style as a law enforcement person is a strong feeling.
Perhaps I have an undeveloped side that has never been tapped, perhaps this is just part of the fantasy life I live in my dreams, who knows?  I do not.
What I do know is that I am a complex person, I have not yet learned all that I am intended to know.
I have learned in the past two days that things are not always as they may seem and I can benefit from the view seen by others

Two different people discussed the same situation with me and yes, I did learn a new view of a topic I thought I really understood.  WOW, i could have been wrong, or worse yet I didn't look far enough of the answers. 

Perhaps that is why I got on the NCIS kick, like all characters, they eventually see the issues, and solve the problems.  IN real life we stumble and slip but generally we find the end or solution.
My lack of patience has hindered my growing more that one time.

I will continue to be a complex person in both my real world and my other persona.

The one truth that did hit me tonight was that in the latest program Ziva lost her father without ever making his ever making amends, or her forgiving him for his offenses.  This is true of me.  My father was not much in my life, but when he died in 1980, I certainly had not established any relationship with him, no closure, no goodbye.  I am reminded that it has taken me years to come to grips with this and forgive me for not reaching out and him for whatever it was he did or did not do.  It simply is over and hard feelings, are not sustainable.
Why this matters tonight is that I could feel her pain and understand her anguish, she is playing a part and this was a part of my life.  I can only hope the writers will  give her peace.

I have had an opportunity today to learn, be surprised, laugh a little and cry a little.
 Just another feature of the Winter of Life, reflection is good, growth is possible and Hope is ever present.

1 comment: