Monday, March 17, 2014

Transformation.?.?

Life definitely moves on.  I watched old videos last night that took me back over 40 years.  There were my Grandparents, my babies and the world that as a child I had dreamed of having.  I did have it and reliving those precious times was bittersweet.
Who knows why life happens!  I certainly do not.  The young woman I was, happy, sad, mixed up, young,  depressed, happy, and so on, certainly was not prepared for the tests life brings.  For years I felt like a failure, I was angry, mean and my head certainly was not on straight.  All of that is true, none of that is true?.. I know life happened, decisions were made, consequences and new opportunities grew.
I do know the past is the past.  It is the foundation we have for today.  However I got to where I am today, this is where I am.
I do know that each day is a gift.  I have found the gift that allows me to truly appreciate each and every day..
I can revisit the past, smile and cry with the memories but today is time to make new memories for my children and Grandchildren to see in the future and smile and perhaps cry a little too.
Life will keep moving on, I hope I have many more Happy memories to leave to those who love me.
I will continue to cherish  the ones I have.
"St. Patricks Day, an enchanted time---a day to begin transforming winters dream into summer magic." Adrianne Cook
I like that quote, transformation--life is a continuous transformation.

No comments:

Post a Comment