Friday, September 4, 2015

It Takes A Town

We often hear the expression that it takes a village to raise a child.  I think it takes a Town to help one navigate a death. The past 10-12 days have been my worst nightmare.  Stan's death really did catch me unprepared, although I don't know how you can prepare.
The virtual Army of people who have stepped in to help me navigate has been mind boggling.  People have helped at the house that was yet incomplete.  The family who has been with me daily and is still here. has kept me sane during and insane time.  Not always the same people, but there has been someone here.
I have learned that letting people help, because the work they do  helps me, and frankly I am not really thinking clearly. They can help and share their gifts with me, and keep order here.  I find my mind wandering, filled with thousands of thoughts that have to do with Stan or things I think need to be done.  This Army has created order from chaos and made me feel safe as well as loved.
The friends who have already made future plans with me give me something to see ahead in my world.
Having something in the future seems to be doubly important at this time in my life.
I couldn't do this alone and am so privileged to have so many people that care about me, and cared about Stan that are here for me. (I have thought about what have I done to deserve this, but have resolved that for some reason I  am just very fortunate to have this family of mine, and our friends in my life. 
I thank God for what was, what is and what will be.  I am thankful for this TOWN that is surrounding me.

No comments:

Post a Comment