Sunday, December 6, 2015

God Works in Mysterious Ways?

I have heard this statement more times than I could possible count.  Today I actually stopped to think about what it meant to me.

To some people, and me included at times it might look like I  have had a horrible year.  Retrospectively yes, a lot of bad things have happened.  I lost a huge portion of my life with Stan's death.  Yet when we told he had a terminal condition, I prayed that he not suffer.  He had a difficult time hours before his death but mercifully he never lost dignity, and died peacefully with loved ones present.  God was present with us during those last hours, I felt his love and I know in my heart that Stan went on knowing we would all be alright. 

We had talked for years about returning to Wisconsin and while I was never crazy about this idea when this unexpected opportunity came and we both thought moving to Two Rivers was right, and we did.  Never did we think (never did I think) that we would not grow old peacefully in this wonderful town. I will never really know, if Stan knew how sick we has, but in all the years we were married he took care of me.  He did protect me, spoil me and I have to believe that God put us here where Stan could rest knowing I was safe.

We crossed paths with people who became good friends in a short time, he made a special friend that he could talk with, something I hadn't seen in over 20 years.  I firmly believe that God brought us to these people for a reason.. Mysterious maybe but only to us, God provided the opportunity to be here we acted on it.  The people and the place were here waiting for us. God provided the path.

Faith has been the reason I have survived this long, God has always provided for me, this time my faith has been strong enough to believe and accept what is provided.  I truly know that believing opens my eyes to see the gifts.  God's way may not be all that mysterious, perhaps it is how we respond to what he provides.  I certainly don't know, but I do know that I am loved and there are angels holding me together many many days. For this I Thank God.  I pray I may continue to live with my eyes and heart open to hear and see his gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment